Basic Vehicle Maintenance
Keeping your new Toyota running smoothly through the streets of South Bend means properly caring for it. Besides caring for your interior and cleaning your vehicle properly, you also need to follow your vehicle’s basic maintenance schedule. This includes everything from replacing worn parts to making general well-being checks under your hood. Let’s take a look at why basic maintenance is so important, and what types of tasks you should perform regularly.
The Importance of Basic Vehicle Maintenance
- Maintain Your Warranty: Ignoring basic maintenance needs can lead to more significant vehicle damage or failing parts. This, in turn, could void your warranty.
- Stay Safe: Keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape means more peace of mind. A properly maintained vehicle keeps you and your passengers safe and secure.
- Save Money: Regularly checking on your vehicle means you can detect issues before they become severe. This can save you a major headache later, and save lots of money in the long run.
- Remain Reliable: Breaking down on the streets of Osceola is frustrating. Align with your maintenance schedule to improve reliability and keep your car running efficiently.
Basic Maintenance Needs
To effectively maintain vehicle health, you should check on and/or replace the following parts/fluids as needed. This will ensure your Toyota is in the best shape it can be:
- Check tire pressure/tread
- Maintain fluid levels (power steering, transmission, window wash, coolant, oil, etc.)
- Check your battery, clean the terminals, and replace as needed
- Cabin and engine air filters
- Belts and hoses
Let Jordan Toyota Properly Service Your Vehicle
Most of these checks can be done at your home in Osceola, but make sure to bring your vehicle to Jordan Toyota for any serious service needs or parts replacement. Our expert service department can handle any service needs you have, just stop by our dealership in Mishawaka for any assistance you need!
More From Jordan Toyota
One of the most important services for maintaining the health of your vehicle is an oil change. It was previously recommended that you get an oil change every 3,000 months, but that’s since changed, thanks to advancements with engine technology. Today, the general oil change interval is between 7,500 to 10,000 miles. It’s also a…
Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle is a great way to get a quality car for much less than buying new. However, there are some important differences between certified pre-owned vehicles vs. used cars. Learn the perks of each, what separates CPO vs. used cars, and make an informed decision before buying your next Granger ride. Used…
We have many traditions at Jordan Toyota, like our Ugly sweater contest for our employees! Our favorite tradition is giving back. Here are just a few of our favorites each year. Our food for kids program runs year round. We are on pace to help feed 2,230 kids this year with the Northern Indiana Foodbank….